Pinch Valves are the ideal solution for isolating and regulating abrasive, corrosive and fibrous products. The Pinch Valve is being used more and more as an isolating valve or regulating valve for emulsions, sludges, dusts, gaseous materials, compressed air, powder, granulates, pellets etc.
There are two types/models of AKO Pinch Valves available:
What type or kind of pinch valve is the right one for your application? We will advise you and help you to make the right choice. Simply give us a call on: +49 6147 91590.
Pinch Valve Characteristics:
Pinch Valves are characterized by a free flow of product, guaranteed because of the nominal passage of practically all diameters. Advantages of include minimum frictional resistance and non-clogging. Further advantages may be found in its lightweight and compact construction, meaning that they are easy to install. This is something that is appreciated by our customers.
Industry sectors / areas of application for pinch valves:
Pinch valves can be used in a variety of applications due to the wide range of materials used for the body and flanges/socket end covers on a pinch valve, such as aluminium, steel, stainless steel, plastic, e.g. POM or PVC, as well as a removable sleeve in different elastomer grades (NR, EPDM, IIR, FPM, silicone, etc.). Some examples include:
- PNEUMATIC CONVEYING TECHNOLOGY, for isolating, dosing and regulating solids / bulk materials of all types
- VACUUM CONVEYING, for sealing / isolating powders, granulates, fibres, tablets, pills, etc.
- CHEMICAL INDUSTRY, for dosing / isolating dyes, pigments, additives, fertilizers, etc.
- PLASTICS INDUSTRY, for regulating, sealing and dosing granulates, powders, pellets, etc.
- CERAMIC INDUSTRY, as a shut-off valve for solids, sludge, etc.
- ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY, for sealing waste water, dust, sludge, etc.
- WATER TREATMENT/SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANTS, as a shut-off valve and/or control valve for limewash, suspensions, etc.
- PLANT ENGINEERING/POWDER COATING
- PLANTS, for isolating and dosing powders, paints, etc.
- CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY/CEMENT INDUSTRY, as a shut-off valve for cement, concrete, sand, gravel, plaster, mortar, etc.
- COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, for sealing off the discharge line for bulk materials of all types
- SILOS, as a silo component for overfill protection, closing the intake line, distribution, discharge, etc.
- MINING INDUSTRY, for isolating and regulating during the extraction of minerals, ores, coal, etc.
- RAILWAYS, TRAINS, as a shut-off valve for faeces and grey water for vacuum toilet systems, etc.
- DOSING AND WEIGHING SYSTEMS, for additives, dyes, pastes, etc.
- FOOD INDUSRY, for dosing and isolating mash, barley, pulp, sauces, syrups, flavours, spices, flour, salt, sugar, nuts, fruits, vegetables, coffee beans/powder, slaughterhouse waste,etc.
Can you not find your industry sector in the list? Then please contact us as we are already supporting other applications and have the right pinch valve solution for your production process!
The sleeve, the centrepiece of all pinch valves
The particularly robust, elastic fabric-reinforced Pinch Valve sleeve allows for successful working, even under extreme conditions. The AKO Pinch Valve sleeves prove their worth, particularly because of their long service life. For instance, if very abrasive media is being conveyed with a very high switching cycle frequency. A selection of 10 different elastomer grades and different body/flange/socket materials ensures that they may be used practically without restriction in almost all industrial sectors.
The highly-elastic, air operated pinch valve sleeve shuts off the product flow with a 2-3bar differential pressure supply (depending on elastomer quality) and then moves back to the open position without being driven because of its great rebound resilience, once the pinch valve body has been bleed.
The most efficient shut-off valves from AKO
Due to its simple structure, AKO's air operated pinch valve represents a particularly low cost/economic shut-off valve solution, because a separate drive is not required for actuating them. In fact, only a 3/2-way solenoid valve or pilot valve is needed to control them.
Due to its very simple structure they are extremely easy to maintain, they can be repaired or serviced directly on site at the customer's with the aid of installation instructions.
What does this mean for your process and your application? Please give us a call, we will be happy to advise you.